Friday, July 02, 2004

The Beginning.....I Guess

Well, I guess I have to start somewhere and might as well be now as long as I don't have anything to do right now. My name is Sam, that's not the only name I'm known by, but for all intensive purposes, it should get the job done for right now. I'm 18 years old, about to start College and really excited about it. I'm going to start at the University of Oklahoma, come this August. I'm registered as a Biochem. major but I think that's going to change because I only need one math class to be a Zoology major instead of two for Biochem. That just goes to show you that I don't really like math, infact I hate math. I have no clue as to why I graduated High School with two extra math credits. Wait, that's right, I wanted to be pre-med. I've always wanted to be a doctor. Something in my nature just wants me to help people. Must be some weird ass instinct that I can't fight no matter how I try. I'm from a family of four: Mom, Dad, brother and I. I think that's correct grammatically, not like I'm very grammatic, infact this post is probably the one I'll try my best to be correct as far as the written english language.

My whole reason for starting this blog is to get my ideas out there. Somewhere. I'm not exactly sure anyone will read this and/or listen to me, but at least I'm trying. I've been reading all my friends blogs and they are just inane, random things that don't have any affect on the world. I mean if anything is worth doing than make it something that will affect the world in a way that you think will make the world a positive place. I mean I can understand why people would want to have a place where they write about what happened to them today, but that's a diary, and on a public forum I don't really want to know what you had for lunch today. That totally defeats the purpose of a diary/journal. In a true actual journal, you keep your thoughts about the people involved in your life, and some of these thoughts you really don't want some to read. But on the thoughts that you do want people to read, get a blog.

Also, as I stated before, I'm 18. A teenager. I've been reading some of my friends blogs, on xanga, and I don't like what I read. "This sucks because of blah, blah, blah." Don't complain about it. Do something about it. And one thing that you need to know right now, people my age, is that the world is full of hypocrites, get use to it. If you don't like it, don't be one. As much as many people complain about the hypocrites that run much of our lives, they are guilty of just the same crimes on a smaller scale. I recently read a friends blog where he complained about our high school principal, and how he was proud of the AP (advanced placement) classes at our school, and how he remembered that the principal was opposed to AP program in the first place. That's what happens when people see how good a program is. They get convinced, and change, that's why you have to try to change the world. I'm not saying that in one day, the world will wake up and say, "Oh yeah, what I'm doing right now is stupid." That's not going to happen. Fighting the world is like fighting a thick, strong wall of stupid. You aren't going to get much done about bringing it down by slamming your head against it one time, and then taking some tylenol. You have to be constant and meticulous, and just keep picking at it, as long as you can bear. Eventually, hopefully that wall come down, but as a Catholic, I'm supposed to believe that once the stupid wall comes down, and peaces reigns, that begins the end of the world. Another reason to hope for peace. This place is a HELL HOLE, and it needs change. Well I guess this is enough for a beginner. Write more later I think.